Voting

Friday, August 28, 2009

Bye Bye Pacifier


Chris and I have been talking since Cain turned one that we needed to get rid of the pacifier. Since he was 10 months old he usually only had it at night but it still bothered me that he was not learning how to relax on his own and Chris hated the fit he threw when he could not find it. The doctor is the one that gave us the final push by saying it was time and it could take up to 2 weeks before Cain forgot about it. He also said to throw the pacifiers away so we don't break down and give it back to him. On Tuesday night we decided that we would try putting him to sleep without it, after a 1/2 hour of the most saddest sobs I have ever heard I decided that this was not going to be a trial run this was going to be for good because I did not want him to go threw that again. After he finally cried himself to sleep, he woke up at 3 in the morning and Chris layed with him till morning. Since than it has been great, he still looks for it when you put him in crib, he sounds so funny because he repeats "uh-oh" 5 hundred times. Last night he woke up but we let him cry himself back to sleep, I layed there in bed after he went to sleep cuddling the blanket that I have slept with since I was born and realized that if my baby was being so strong than I needed to be too, so after 29 1/2 years I stuffed my blanket under my bed and vowed to put it in a safe place in the morning.

2 comments:

Crazy Busy Mom said...

TOO FUNNY!!! I still have my blanky to!!! It is in shreads and barely held together but I still have it. I really think if you ask around more people then you think have one. But get that boy a blanky and get yours out from under the bed!! kyler is just like me... he gets called Linus sometimes!!

Nicki said...

Um...yeah...more people than you think, heh-heh.